VM question

Hi All;

I've recently bought a Dell M6400 laptop with 12G of memory and 2 internal
hard drives with a raid card.

I've loaded Fedora 10 x86_64 to take advantage of the memory so I can setup
multiple local databases with large memory footprints.

However, I'm somewhat disappointed with the x86_64 version since I cannot get
the flash plugin and I get the impression that the 32bit version is more
desktop friendly.

I'm thinking about looking into loading Vmware's ESX server on the laptop and
maybe even CentOS as a VM server to run my databases.

I'm looking for any thoughts/feedback you'all may have..

Thanks in advance