liveusb-creator error

First I set up my USB device. (Kingston Traveller 1 GB USB)  I installed
an image on it yesterday and it crashed, wrecking the install in the
process, thus I am trying to start over fresh.

fdisk -> delete the old partition, make a new partition, made it a linux
primary partition, set the boot flag.
mkfs -> formatted it to be an ext3 partition

Then I ran liveusb-creator from the Kickoff menu.
Selected a recent iso download.
Set the overlay to be ~150MB for data preservation.
Selected the USB device.  Pressed Create.

Here is the feedback from the session:

f10-kde-4.1.80-i686-200812091339.iso selected
Verifying filesystem...
Extracting live image to USB device...
Wrote to device at 5 MB/sec
Creating 153 MB persistent overlay...
Configuring and installing bootloader...
There was a problem executing the following command: `syslinux
-d /tmp/syslinux /dev/sdc1`
A more detailed error log has been written to 'liveusb-creator.log'
LiveUSB creation failed!

I have not found where the liveusb-creator.log file resides.  I did not
see it in /var/log, nor in ~ for root or me.

I got an error when I installed liveusb-creator.  I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue above.

# yum install liveusb-creator
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, kmdl, priorities, refresh-packagekit
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package liveusb-creator.noarch 0:3.0-2.fc10 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
DEBUG:
[]

Dependencies Resolved

==============================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                    Arch                              Version                                 Repository                         Size
==============================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 liveusb-creator                            noarch                            3.0-2.fc10                              fedora                            200 k

Transaction Summary
==============================================================================================================================================================
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 200 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
liveusb-creator-3.0-2.fc10.noarch.rpm                                                                                                  | 200 kB     00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing     : liveusb-creator                                                                                                                        1/1
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.44:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name "(unset)" destination ":1.44")

Installed:
  liveusb-creator.noarch 0:3.0-2.fc10

Complete!

Any ideas ?