Re: Unable to boot with LVM mount on USB drive (Fedora 10)

On Dec 11, 2008, at 6:35 PM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

Bruce Thompson wrote:
Just got home to try it out, that did the trick nicely.
BTW for those that may have influence, would it be unreasonable to expect the default initrd to include usb-storage?

The current approach is to build initramfs images that are tailored to a specific system - only the modules actually required to get the root file system going are included by default.

You can override that using the "--with" option to mkinitrd. I think you can also set this up persistently by adding a "MODULES=" entry to /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd.

Ah! That may be what I need, I'm thinking along the lines of needing to remember to re-do mkinitrd every time a new kernel comes out... / etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd should render that moot!

Cheers!
Bruce.