desktop effects on intel onboard graphics card

Hi,

I am not being able to use desktop effects with
an Intel onboard graphics card (DG45ID). It turns my desktop
upside down and reverses the menu texts. It is impossible
to click any menu option this way.

This happens either in gnome or kde, and I have no xorg.conf.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ