Re: asus w5f Intel sound on Fedora 10

sfilippo <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Isn't it the case that all "normal" multimedia packages require pulseaudio to produce sound, and therefore would be effectively disabled???

I think you are right.  I'd copied away the advice on how to fix the
low volume problem but never got around to doing anything about it
yet.

Seems that just about everything on the desktop is now marked as
having a dependency on pulseaudio, so removing it guts the system.
Sigh.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.