Re: Script errors while livecd-creator is running yum

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 20:06:04 +0100,
  Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Typically, gtk-update-icon-cache is treated as optional in package
> scriptlets:
>
> touch --no-create /usr/share/icons/hicolor
> if [ -x /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache ]; then
>   /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache --quiet /usr/share/icons/hicolor || :
> fi
>
> Perhaps powermanga does it differently.

If so then it needs a Requires(pre): gtk2 . I'll be looking at these cases
more carefully and try to get bugs filed against the appropiate packages.

I plan to look through all of the installs for errors. There is one segment
fault, that I am not sure of, but maybe that was caused by a broken previous
install or being installed out of order as well.

I don't suppose the Requires(pre) info is prominently displayed in the
packaging guidelines (especially the coreutils case)?