Re: I need Miredo for F10

Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> And if you are on a v4 network and need v6 connectivity? That is
> Miredo's roll. It is a transition mechinism. Lots of discussions about
> it at the IETF meeting last month in the IPv6OPS workgroup.

I think I'm beginning to see the issue.  If you are subjected to a
misbehaving NAT box not under your control, you might need to tunnel
ipv6 over UDP.

I've always been lucky and had access to at least one clean, globally
routable IP address, so the normal protocol-41 ipv6 inside ipv4
tunneling just worked.  In case it helps, here are my notes for
setting up static tunnels under fedora.

     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html

> Actually, I am working on a project that is using HIP
> (infrahip.hiit.fi) over IPv6 (with Miredo where needed), doing secure
> mobility and NAT traversal (Miredo over ICE). SIP and P2PSIP are my
> apps for this.

Sounds like a noble goal.  I've always been hoping that direct
peer-to-peer VOIP calls would become more common.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.