Re: Preupgrade/Anaconda problem - 3rd time a charm?

---- Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steve Blackwell wrote:
> >
> > Q1. Where does Anaconda get the settings for the video card from?
> >
>  From Xorg which gets it from HAL
>
> > Q2. Can I tell Anaconda to use the existing xorg.conf file?
> >
> Don't think so. If it doesn't get auto detected properly, it is better
> to report the problem and get it fixed.

So do I report this against Anaconda, Xorg or HAL? All the above?

> > Q3. Can I tell Anaconda to run in text mode?
> >
> Yep. Refer http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options

Thanks for the link. If I edit the grub entry and add "text" to the line, does that get passed on to Anaconda? I see that there is also a "noprobe" option. I'll try both of those tonight.

Thanks,
Steve