Re: Today's F10 update finishes with error

Carroll Grigsby wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 10:40:19 -0500
Matthew Saltzman wrote:

At the end of the cleanup phase of yum update with today's updates, I
see the following error:
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error
        on :1.207:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit:
        dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
        org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in
        place prevents this sender from sending this message to this
        recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member
        "Introspect" error name "(unset)" destination ":1.207")
        =============================== Leaving rpm code
===============================

Then I get the final status messages.  Not sure if there's any damage
as a result.  The rest of the update appears to finish normally.

Any idea what that's about?

TIA.

I got the same message, and agree with you that It's about the most
confusing error message I've seen since win3 days. My guess is that the
author flunked out of the Sarah Palin School of Composition. I think
I'll stick with yum and yumex for a while longer.

Just another package released without testing on a machine with SElinux?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>