Re: How to get rid of selinux

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 07:06:22 +0100
gab_v wrote:

> I've lot of problem with SELinux, so I want to know how to get rid of it. In particular I am interested NOT in make SELinux status "Disabled" but to uninstall it.

Can't be done. The selinux libraries (primarily written by the NSA) are
linked into and are an intimate part of practically every binary on the
system (and this makes people feel good about security? :-).

As far as I know the only way to utterly eradicate it would be
to switch to gentoo linux and configure it so selinux is always turned
off when it is building stuff.

As the next best thing, you can remove a bunch of selinux packages
which don't have the universe depending on them and also add the
selinux=0 kernel boot option in grub.conf.