Re: newbie question: Installing and loading ath5k drivers

Hello,

I downloaded the ath5k drivers from here - "http://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2"; [1]

I built and installed the same using directions given in the "Building and Installing" section of the document http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download#DownloadlatestLinuxwirelessdrivers [2]

> Try 'service network restart'

Whenver I switch users (logout as user 1 and then login as user 2), I see that the wlan0 interface is not available. Only after I do a "sudo make load" in the ath5k directory, is the wlan0 interface created.

> Check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* and see what is the name of
> your interface is (e.g. eth1, or wlan0, or ath0). Check that there is a
> line: 'ONBOOT=yes' in it.

I have the line 'ONBOOT=yes' in my ifcfg-wlan0 script, but the ath5k modules are still not loaded on boot

I have ensured that the ath_pci modules do not exist on my system.

Links:
------
[1] http://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2"
[2] http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download#DownloadlatestLinuxwirelessdrivers