Re: Odd yum warning (error?) with FC10

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 10:59:48 -0500, Bill wrote:

Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:

Since the packages are being updated, I'm somewhat dubious that an out-of-date repo is the cause here.

The mirror-list pointed Yum at a mirror that offers metadata which are
older than what you have in your cache already (-> /var/cache/yum/$REPOID/).
Yum compares the timestamps, ignores the older metadata index file and
continues with the cached metadata which are newer.

Not the issue, I checked that when it happened on another machine, and none of the repomd.xml files has the date in question (Nov 24). And your explanation sounds good, but assumes that there is some reason for the repomd.xml file to be old while the package (RPM) files and the cachecookies are up to date. And as noted I have checked that the mirror selected is not the same each time, between the two machines with the problem I have tracked use of seven mirrors. They can't all be having a problem, it must be local.

If you really want to dig deeper, examine the files in Yum's cache,
notice the timestamps of the "cachecookie" and the cached "repomd.xml",
then visit the repository URLs in the cached "mirrorlist.txt" file
with your favourite browser and examine the timestamps of the files
in the remote "repodata" directories. That way you can find out which
mirror is not up-to-date.

haven't found any with the Nov 19th date mentioned in the warning.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>