f10 login annoyances

I just updated a laptop from F8 to F10 and have two issues.

First, the gnome-keyring "enter password for default keyring to unlock" window
comes up every time the user logs in and she has to enter her user password to
get past that and have the wireless networking start.

In an attempt to find out why, I ran the gnome-keyring-manager program and it
brings up a window telling me to "enter password for keyring 'login' to
unlock".  Entering the user's password here doesn't work.

So, what's wrong here and how can I fix it?  It used to be (and still is on my
F10 laptop) that setting the keyring password and the login password to the
same thing allowed everything to just work and you didn't have to enter the
password a second time on login.

Also the "Some panel items are no longer available" window comes up every time
she logs in.  The window also says "these items will now be removed from your
configuration" and "you will not receive this message again".  But it's lying
because that window comes back every time she logs in.

I suppose I could just save her data somewhere and set up a new user again but
it would be simpler to just solve these problems directly.