Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yet, IMHO, Fedora will never reach "Production Worthy" due to its short
> release cycle and short maintenance life.  I've not yet run into a
> serious business that runs Fedora, or considered running it, and would
> certainly advise against it if they did.

Would you advise them into contributing to Fedora by organizing an
extended maintenance option?  The entire infrastructure is open, if
there was a compelling interest in seeing maintenance extended a group
of contributors could make it happen by setting up the infrastructure
and just doing it.  If there aren't enough people willing to
contribute to the effort, then maintenance isn't going to be extended,
no matter how popular the idea is.

-jef