Re: F10 Evo filtering unbearably slow

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 23:34 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 19:05 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:52:35 -0500
> > Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone else seeing this behavior?  Any suggestions for
> > > fixes/workarounds?
> >
> > If you are really totally wired to evolution and exchange
> > connector, my only advice is to setup a Windows virtual machine
> > where you can run outlook just long enough to setup the
> > exchange server-side filtering rules, then turn off filtering
> > in evolution since the sxchange server will have done it
> > for you.
>
> Server-side filtering would be great.  I will look into that.

Following up myself...

Server-side filtering would be great for getting messages sorted into
folders so I see them where I want them from all the different machines
I use to view mail.  But it doesn't remove the need for spam filtering
on the client.  We have a pretty good spam filter here, but about 5-10%
of the mail that gets past it to my inbox is still caught by
spamassassin.

> > (Too bad no one has ever made a linux interface
> > to the filter rules, at least I don't know of one).

I wonder if this will eventually be a feature of the OpenChange
MAPI client library.  I doubt the OWA interface that the current
connector uses provides that access on the server side.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu