Re: (Off Topic ) Open Source: The Model Is Broken ??

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 09:56:13 AM +0530, Rahul Tidke wrote:
> http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2008/tc20081130_276152.htm
>
> Any comments from Fedora community??

Ah, well, why not bite?

Personally, more than the article itself, I found interesting and
worth a read the page on the same theme (by the author of RUTE) linked
in a comment: http://2038bug.com/free-software.html

I do NOT agree with several important conclusions and assumptions of
the author, but reading it probably helps to (re) look at several
things with more humility and balance than some FOSS advocates have or
show in some circumstances.

On one thing I do agree with that page though: giving how it behaves
(I could give more examples) not installing Evolution and replacing it
with Thunderbird wouldn't hurt a bit.

Marco F.

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84