Re: Using OO for print on DVD's

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Has anyone successfully used OO to do print on DVD/CD's? I tried last
>> night with my shiny new HP Photosmart C5580.
>>
>> I just guessed the settings using OO Draw and setting the paper size
>> to custom with a 4.6"x4.6" box. It actually didn't do to bad
>> vertically, but was off horizontally about 0.3" to the left. Anyone
>> have a best practice for tweaking it in to create my own template or
>> know where to find one?
>>
>> If I had to I might try installing the HP software under WINE but
>> would rather not.
>>

> Why not use something like http://glabels.sourceforge.net/  ?
>
> It may even be include on Fedora....no energy to check at the moment.

It is in the Fedora repos. It doesn't have an out of the box template
so I made a new one, the only down side is it still looks like it's
going to be trial and error getting the right settings and in their
effor to make things simple they don't have a way to edit the
templates once you create them. I'll have to go and find the xml file
it creates and edit it manually.

Richard