Re: [SPAM]Re: Default BIND setup question

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:
I just installed F10 on what will be my new slave DNS server for our
office and I'm a little peeved at the default setup.  The base
install  sets BIND up as a local caching-nameserver.  Which I
suppose is fine,  except there's no base named.conf provided for
setting up BIND as a real  DNS server, not a local caching only one.

Isn't /usr/share/doc/bind-9.5.1/sample/etc/named.conf a good starting
point?

For me, not really. It's better than the one in /etc/ but only just. I'll just tinker until I get it right, I was just hoping for a better answer than that, that's all.

--
Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support