Re: Blackberry 8830 with Network Manager

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to get my tethered Blackberry 8830 to work
as a modem with Network Manager. Sprint is my carrier and I have their
Linux modem setup document. It's straight forward.

The only thing missing is that Network Manager doesn't recognize my BB
as a modem.

I know I could set up kppp or gnome-ppp to make the connection, but I
would prefer to use Network Manager.

Ideas on how to make this work?

I use XmBlackBerry for this purpose, but I'm on Verizon and was running
it under F8.  Haven't tried F9 or F10 with it yet.  I do have F9 on my
laptop (where I used the Blackberry as a wireless modem), but
XmBlackBerry is still installed there.  I'd have to do some checking.

You most certainly will need the barry and barry-libs RPMs to have the
device recognized by hal and such.