Re: F10: KDE and second display not working

Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> This works perfectly fine in gnome. If I log in with KDE I get a
> desktop, toolbars etc. on Screen 0, but only the desktop background on
> Screen 1 (no icons, no toolbar, no menu when right-clicking). I had
> the same problem in F9, where I just gave up and started using Gnome.

It's just how things are in KDE 4.1, it's expected to be better in KDE 4.2
(work on that is still outgoing, it's considered a bugfix, though fixing it
requires a library which is new in 4.2 (Kephal), so it won't be backported
to 4.1).

As far as I know, you *can* drag windows to the second screen, so it's not
like it's entirely useless. You may even be able to manually add a panel to
the second screen. (At least one person reported success with that.)

        Kevin Kofler