Re: root login

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 13:38:18 Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 13:08 +0000, Tony Molloy wrote:
> > If you had installed using the "askmethod" method you could have set
> > the static address at install time.
>
> Have things changed, because all that did, in the past, was the
> configuration of the network for the installation (if the network is
> needed *during* the installation).  Configuration of the network on the
> installed system, was separate.

Well I've been using it for the past few days to install Fedora-10 on laptops
and desktops with static IP addresses and it works.

It asks for the IP information during the install and then NetworkManager sets
up the connection data and it's permanent. Did I really say that,
NetworkManager actually works ;-)

Must say a big thank you to all the NetworkManager folks for ironing out the
bugs. It's actually a useful bit of software now and I can take my laptops
from work to home and it recognises the different networks with the minimun
of fuss, Well done.

Regards,

Tony