Re: SELinux alert when running yum update

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"Thomas" == Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    Thomas> Then try again by opening your browser and going to a page
    Thomas> that caused errors before.  If it still doesn't work you

    Thomas> Eh?  What were you doing when you got the SELinux denial
    Thomas> before?  Can you do it again?

I don't know what I was doing at the time. I certainly wasn't having
any trouble with FireFox.

    Thomas> Did you look at the npviewer.te file?  Is there anything
    Thomas> in it?

There is no such file on my system (according to the locate command).

OK, I'm reading your initial post - you got an SELinux alert about npviewer.bin, right? See this message:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-November/msg02919.html

npviewer.bin is a Firefox plugin for Adobe Flash. So I talked about how to set a policy to allow npviewer.bin to run. Specifically I said to run this command:

grep npviewer.bin /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -a -M npviewer

Then I said to check the contents of npviewer.te.  See this post:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-November/msg02951.html

Apparently you did not check for that file.

Additionally, what you describe in the subject vs. what you are seeing in audit.log doesn't match. The output from sealert clearly describes a problem with npviewer.bin, the Adobe plugin.

Why don't you go back over your audit.log and find the actual problem you are having and then re-post, I'd be glad to help out if I can.

--
Thomas