Re: Firefox3 navigation toolbar issues (F8, remi repos)

Hello g,

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:14:50 +0000 g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> wwp wrote:
>
> > Checks done, apparently it's not an ownership or permission issue,
> > everything looks fine in ~/.mozilla.
>
> ok.
>
> open file browser, move to '~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/'.
> [note, 'xxxxxxxx' will be a random combination of letters and numbers.]
>
> i see all files as '-rw-r--r--', except for;
>
> - -rw-rw-r--   compreg.dat
> - -rwxr-xr-x   febeUserDefinedBuData.json
> - -rwxr-xr-x   flock_maps.rdf
> - -rw-------   sessionstore.js
> - -rw-rw-r--   xpti.dat
>
> setting konqueror to sort by date, and making a change to my 'navigation bar',
> changed files are 'XUL.mfast' and 'localstore.rdf'.
>
> from looking at files, i would say 'localstore.rdf' is file holding changes.

Right, this localstore.rdf file time changes when I close ffx3. I
contains those interesting excerpts:

  <RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#nav-bar"
                   iconsize="large"
                   currentset="new-tab-button,unified-back-forward-button,back-button,forward-button,reload-button,stop-button,urlbar-container" />

This currentset line describes my navbar as I see it when I modify it
according to my needs, but apparently it's more or less ignored at
start-up :-), taking the defaults into account.

> did you log http://www.mozilla.org/support/ and search for your symptoms?

Not, yet, will do ASAP. Let's hope we'll get a definitive answer from
there. Thanks!

Regards,

--
wwp