Re: How can i call a function which is usually used by root?

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:20:43 +0800 "wk" <304702903@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I want write a c program.And a common user(not in root group) will
> run this program. In this program,I call fread(/dev/sdc...) and
> fwrite(/dev/sdc),but this call will return "permission no allow".

Why do you work with the devices? Can't you just operate on the
directories where those drives are mounted?

And if you absolutely have to use the device files, then you could
always change their permissions. Not that that's recommended, just
saying.

regards,
/W