Re: root login

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:34:51PM +0000, John Horne wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 07:23 -0800, bruce wrote:
> >
> > appparently f10, has modified the default behavior to restrict you
> > from logging in as the "root" user.
> >
> Not that I have noticed. I installed F10 on my home PC at the weekend.
> Installed the KDE desktop, and not GNOME. Logged straight in as root.
> Didn't have to change anything.

This may depend on upgrade .vs. clean install.

Check the archives.  I seem to recall a pam change that does
limit the login devices for 'root'.  It can be undone but
the goal was to limit external and unwanted local root activity.

You should be able to "su -" then "visudo" and add yourself
to the sudo list and then you have the ability to do what needs
to be done.

It is so very necessary to have good pass words today.
As a minimum have three good pass words and one other.
	you
	root
	money
   and