Re: xmonad on F10

lostson wrote:
Hello all I am trying to build xmonad on F10 but keep getting this error
Configuring xmonad-0.8...
Setup.lhs: At least the following dependencies are missing:
    X11 >=1.4.1

 I do have X11 and the development stuff installed though
rpm -q libX11
libX11-1.1.4-5.fc10.x86_64
libX11-1.1.4-5.fc10.i386

This is a 64 bit machine but why cant the configure script find the
appropriate libs it needs ?

It is the Haskell bindings to the X11 graphics library that you need. From the xmonad README:

[snip]
* Haskell libraries: mtl, unix, X11

   Finally, you need the Haskell libraries xmonad depends on. Since
   you've a working GHC installation now, most of these will be
   provided. To check whether you've got a package run 'ghc-pkg list
   some_package_name'. You will need the following packages:

   mtl   http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/mtl
   unix  http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/unix
   X11   http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/X11
[snip]