Re: Could someone test Eclipse for me ?

* Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-12-01 10:10]:
> On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 09:59 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > * Paul Black <paul+fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2008-12-01 09:57]:
> > > The "cure" seems to be to run Eclipse as root once - this is something
> > > that's happened for F10 (F9 didn't have this issue).
> >
> > Please don't do this.  This causes files to be created as root which
> > then can't be over-written by regular users which messes up the update
> > manager.
>
> Please tell me more.  Because I have accidentally run Eclipse as root.
>
> How do I get back to a perfectly clean Eclipse install.   I've been
> uninstalling Eclipse with yum, then deleting /usr/lib/eclipse and
> ~/.eclipse.   Am I missing anything ?

Perhaps /usr/share/eclipse.  But be careful not to delete files in
/usr/lib/eclipse, /usr/share/eclipse (or /usr/lib64/eclipse) that aren't
owned by a package that is built by the eclipse SRPM (ie. eclipse-*).

> > There is at least one known issue upstream with plugins being found
> > after yum installation.
>
> Please tell me more.

I don't have the bug # on hand, but it's an issue whereby things put
into the "dropins" folder don't get refreshed properly when they are
removed and then re-added (like what happens with an rpm upgrade).  I
haven't run into this myself for a while and I add and remove plugins
all the time.

> >  In all cases I've encountered, running with
> > -clean will fix it.  As usual, please file bugs for issues you run into.
>
> eclipse -clean ?

Yes.