Firefox launcher option %u cause of "Starting Firefox Web Browser" button?

When I launch Firefox from the Applications Menu, there always appears a 2nd
button on the Window List bar saying "Starting Firefox Web Browser". It
stays there for about 15 seconds. And the mouse pointer is busy during this
time.

This gives me the impression that Firefox starts very slow on Fedora. (F9
and F10).

Just now I discovered that if create a new launcher and remove the %u option
from the command, Firefox starts up immediately!

Why is the %u launcher option causing this poor user experience?

Allen