Re: Why can't I select the Sun Java VM ?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:40:34 -0500
Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I get the Sun java to be the default Java, without doing a 24
> step build that Googling finds ?

Somewhere out in the world is a package that actually adds
the sun java to the alternatives system (the sun packages
do not do that, which is why it doesn't show up).

Where this package is located is another question. I remember
seeing it once, but I forget where that was.

http://rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com/sun-java-on-F8.html

is a page I just found with a quick google search, but it
doesn't look like the one I'm remembering :-).