Re: F10 flat out rocks...

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> The most that the Machine has lasted without freezing or shutting it
> down on my own running Fedora 10 was 1 day.  It so far has run 3:58
> with X running and playing some music and some DVD's.  I am trying
> to record the session as the computer starts in level 3.  when a
> freeze occurs I should capture some important information and get
> back.

I don't know if this is related, but the current "radeon" (not
"radeonhd") driver has a nasty bug that my frame buffer excites.  It
appears that a 4M-pixel display will have something scribbling into a
1/4" band in the lower portion of the display (1/4" at 100dpi).  If
you so foolishly type "xrefresh" to establish your right to a
crap-free display, your computer will lock up within a few seconds.
I'm now running "radeonhd" and things are working at least as well as
they were under F9.

Maybe it is time for you to experiment. Does the crash still happen if
you log into an ascii terminal (eg. alt-ctl F2)???

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.