Re: preupgrade fails

Colin Brace wrote:
Stan,

It turned out that preupgrade couldn't download the .img because of a
firewall configuration issue (ftp is a real nuisance in that way). I tried
downloading the .img file manually, but the program only accepts ftp: or
http: URIs; no local files. Finally I tried an http: URI and that worked.
However, anaconda subsequently failed with an error message to the effect
that it couldn't find metadata for anacanda-InstallationRepo file.

Good effort! Sorry it didn't work for you. You are now past my knowledge of anaconda. Any advice I gave would only be guesses based on the documentation, and you seem fully capable of doing that for yourself. :-)

I am now downloading the .iso file by Bittorrent and later this weekend I
will update it that way.

Good luck.