Re: Still have fc9 packages after upgrade to Fedora 10

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Doctor Who wrote:

After upgrading to Fedora 10 final from one of the earlier RCs using
preupgrade, I noticed after running 'rpm -qa | grep fc9 \ wc -l' that
i have 366 fc9 packages still installed.  I've run yumex,
'yum-complete-transaction', and 'package-cleanup --cleandupes' but
these packages are not updating.

I only have Fedora 10 repos enabled.

Any idea on why and how to get these packages updated?

It is normal to have some packages with fc9 versions as part of Fedora 10 because some are distributed as part of Fedora 10, presumably because they haven't been updated since the last Fedora 9 version. You can check for packages that aren't available from your current set of repositories by running
yum list extras

	Michael Young