key mapping problem

Hi all,

I upgraded my Acer-Aspire-1700 Laptop from F9->F10
After that I got problems with the key-mapping

I use xmodmap to "redefine" some keys. This worked perfectly in F9 but after
the upgrade some keys (i.e. "left_arrow) is not working, when typed on the
laptop's own keyboard. On a attached USB-keyboard everything is fine.
Removing the xmodmap-table make at least the "arrow" keys work again.

If I check with the program "xkeycaps" which keycodes are generated I see
that on the laptops-keyboard the "left_arrow" generates code 71 instead of 64,
which explains why xmodmap fails because keycode 71 (right-ctrl) is redefined.

A few other keys show the same strange behaviour

Can anybody explain this?

                 Jouk

Pecunia olet!

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd