Re: Is there a way to put an application icon in the "tray" ?

On Thursday 27 November 2008 14:31:54 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:18 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 November 2008 13:13:19 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > > Is there a way to put an application icon (evolution, konqueror,
> > > dolphin, etc) in the "tray" (ie the bar at the bottom of the desktop,
> > > or should I say edge) in KDE 4.1.3 ?
> > >
> > > I know about putting application icons on the desktop itself.  I've
> > > done that.
> > >
> > > Aside: is the "tray" now called a panel ?
> >
> > It is indeed.  The easiest way to put an icon into the panel is to locate
> > the icon in kickoff (the new-style menu) and right-click it.  You will be
> > offered the opportunity to put an icon either on the desktop or the panel
> > (both if you want, but only one job at a time :-) )
>
> That worked.  It added it to the right hand side of the panel.   Now how
> do I move it to the left hand side... one used to be able to right click
> and move icons ?

On the extreme right of the panel there is a cashew (slightly hidden in a
bubble on some distros).  Click on that and the panel configuration extra
panel comes up.  Hover your mouse over the icon you want to move and a diamond
composed of arrows appears.  Use that to pull the icon to where you want it.
Then close the config panel by hitting the red X.

Anne