Re: preupgrade fails

Colin Brace wrote:

stan-40 wrote:
If you go look in /var/cache/yum/updates/packages or /var/cache/yum/fedora/packages, are all the downloaded RPMs there? It might have created its own cache called preupgrade under the yum directory. If they are, you should be able to continue with the manual.

Yep, I see more than 1000 F10 packages in: /var/cache/yum/updates/packages

Not sure how to continue with a manual install, as you suggest. Can I imply
install these RPMs with rpm or yum? And what about the .img file? Do I still
need that?

It's a little more complicated than that. The manual upgrade process is described at the link below. It involves installing the new repository links into your /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory and running yum upgrade. It then would use all of the packages and upgrade everything on your system. It is the procedure that preupgrade replaces. I used it for an upgrade from F5 to F7 and it worked.

These are the current instructions for upgrading from a DVD. I haven't done this, but if you can get it started it will use your local packages for the upgrade.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-upgrade-tree.html

These are the instructions for a manual live upgrade, where you do all the work of preupgrade, which is your situation.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq#Upgrading_Fedora_Using_Yum

As far as the .img file, if you can find it on the mirrors, and put it in one of the locations where preupgrade expects to find it, you could just complete your preupgrade installation.