Re: mail command and html

2008/11/27 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:59 +0100, Guillaume wrote:
>> hi,
>>

>> I would like to send a html mail from console with the  `mail`
>> utility. I try this :
>>    cat html.file |mail -s subject recipient@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> I try to had some header in the htlm.file but it does not work too.
>
> You need to say what you mean by "does not work".
Ok sorry !

When i send email with simple command like
    $cat html.file |mail -s subject recipient@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the mail arrive to recipient but is not read as HTML. In the mail
reader the html tag appear in "clear" and text is not formatted...
Of course, the file i use is well formated in html language.

2008/11/27 Iarly Selbir <iarlyy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> read it:
>
> http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/linux_send_html_email_from_command_line.php
I try it but without sendmail cause it need root access. And it does not work.

2008/11/27 Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@xxxxxxxxx>:

> this once worked:
>
>  >mail landonvkelsey@xxxxxxxxxxx<xxx.txt
>
> or
>
>> mail landonmkelsey@xxxxxxxxxxx<xxx.txt         you'll be prompted

And this does not work too. I'll check if `mail` have some options to
correctly handle html.

Thanks all for your replies :)

--
Guillaume