Re: has K3B been abandoned?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:12:11 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Thursday 27 November 2008 05:07:21 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Generally, I gave up on asking k3b to verify anything.  Why?  Because when
> > its about to do the verify read, it ejects the disk and immediately pulls
> > it back in.  Then it waits for the disk to be recognized by the drive NOT!
>
> Again, it depends on the drive.  That happens on some of my boxes but not all
> of them.  For ISOs, though, it's just as easy to do an md5sum (or sha1sum if
> you prefer it).

Timing issues with different drive hardware seem to be an issue indeed.
Some drives take a long time to reload the tray and examine the disc.
Other drives are quick at that.

As mentioned in bz #440343 I can verify ISOs in k3b just fine _if_ burning
CDs or CD-RWs. Only temporarily it was broken just as with DVDs. Meanwhile
I burn on a different Linux platform.