Problems with preupgrade install

I have just attempted to upgrade from F9 to F10 via preupgrade.

Whilst it was downloading the packages, there was a message that there
wasn't enough space in /boot to download the install image, and it
would do it at boot time instead (I think that was what the message
said).

At boot time, sure enough, it asked me to choose an ethernet port, and
it went ahead and downloaded the install image OK. So the netwrok
connection was working fine.

But then at the next stage, it complained that it couldn't find the
repo (or something like that). I retried once, then abandoned the
installation.

So:

a) Is there something I can do to fix this?
b) if not, how do I clean up the preinstall (I guess there must be a
LOT of disk space filled with RPMs)?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire