Re: Fedora 10 x86_64 install issues, bugzilla?

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:48:39AM -0700, stan wrote:
Hi,

Second was that when I went to custom configuration for the disks, there was no format option for ext4. The partitions I used were already formatted as ext3, and I reformatted them as that and the install went fine. I was disappointed as I wanted to use the new filesystem. I will hold off on making the new install comfortable until this is definitely ruled out.

I believe there's a boot-time option for this you have to pass to the
installer.  Have you checked the F10 release notes?  I think it's in
there. Yup:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10/en_US/Power_Users_Get_What_Features_and_Fixes.html#sn-EXT4

I don't recall anywhere to enter any boot parameters. After the boot load started from the DVD, I don't think it stopped for input until it hit the test/skip option. There was a flash of a fraction of a second of a screen that had some F-keys at the bottom, I think I saw F4, but that was all. Maybe there is a timeout issue? I'll install again a few times to check out the problem.