[F10] Graphical network configuration anomaly

Hi,

I am among the one of first to grab the Fedora 10 release. Just
installed the fresh copy from i386-DVD and installation went smooth.
After reboot, I tried to set my network card from DHCP to static IP
through Gnome Network Administration tool and everything became a mess
plus my network stopped working.

It seems like the graphical network configuration tools still have problem.

These are the problem I found.

===================================
1) In graphical network configuration - when you set the IP Address,
Subnet mask and gateway, save the changes. When I went back, my subnet
mask was replaced with my gateway address.

2) network daemon was initially disabled in the services, which I
found out and set to run in run levels 3 and 5.

3) DNS addresses set were not there in /etc/resolv.conf file. It was blank.

===================================

To solve the problem I did following in command line:

=============================
1) set the Network Manager off
2) made changes in  "/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0" as follows:

a) ONBOOT=no (previous setting) changed to ONBOOT=yes
b) NETMASK=192.168.1.1 and GATEWAY=192.168.1.1 (previously), changed
NETMASK to right setting 255.255.255.0

3) set the DNS entry by hand in /etc/resovl.conf file

Now it is working.

By the way I didn't see the network card configuration during setup
process which I used to see in previous Fedora installaions.  I
skipped Fedora 9.

Are you experiencing also the same (similar) problems in Fedora 10? or
I am the only one? Please confirm.

Thanks