Re: Get F10 on usenet

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:36:42 -0800 (PST)
Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is always much much longer than the regular download time estimate!
>
> Do you know why?

It takes a while to settle in. When you first start, it has only found
a few peers, and has a low data rate. After it gets going, it tends
to speed up (of course there are also complications like not having
open ports that allow others to download from you, which makes everyone
hate you and not feed you much data :-).

But even with my cable modem, it usually takes 4 or 5 hours. The
data rate at work was much higher than the best I've ever seen
with a cable modem.