F10 virtual HVM install experiences

I installed both i386 and x86_64 HVM virtual machines from
the DVD iso images today onto virtual disks.

I noticed it asked me for a hostname. I've got a DHCP server
running that can tell the VMs their hostnames. It would have
been nice if anaconda had seen that info and filled in the
name as the initial default (rather than localhost.localdomain
which is what I got). I typo-ed one of the names (which confused
me later till I figure it out). That's what the DHCP server is
for - to prevent typos :-).

The i386 VM reached the end of the install where it normally
reboots, and the VNC console window froze up with a black screen and
an hourglass cursor. I gave it about 5 minutes and then did
an "xm destroy", and the subsequent "xm create" worked fine,
It came up in the initial firstboot screen and all seemed well.

Once upon a time, there was a System>Administration item
for configuring the display. I know the virtual video card
can do better than 800x600, but when I look at the X log,
the server has convinced itself that 800x600 and 640x480
are the only two valid modes. Is there any handy tool that
is no longer in the admin menu I can run to convince it
the virtual monitor can handle a bigger display? Do I have
to hack up an xorg.conf file by hand and tell it a bigger
refresh timing range for the monitor?