F9 DOS?

F9 Boot up this morning took forever. The system seemed to be stuck on starting
up sendmail. How to get around startups of services when startup hangs?

Also, My firewall is showing massive udp packets with state 1:0 from a single ip address
and I cannot ping to anything but my network ip address. Is this a sign of a DOS?
Everything was working great when I shutdown last night.

Thanks.