Re: Fedora and NetworkManager Quesiton

Steve Searle wrote:
Around 02:28am on Sunday, November 23, 2008 (UK time), bob smith scrawled:

Working with 386 boxes, and getting ready to upgrade to
FC9 on alpha boxes - but .... I am getting perturbed with networkmanager .

Great tool for folks who want things to be simple and easy but
it is not what I need .

Lots of issues with the way this is so smart - doing things it thinks are
right and not what I want.  I have figured out how to shut it off, but
I have not figured out how to avoid installing it or not installing it at all.

Is there some way to set up the install so that nerworkmanager is NOT
installed at all?

You may be able to deselect it, but it could get tangled up with
dependencies.

Why not do an install, and then revert to the old network service once
the install has fininshed - that's what I do.

#  chkconfig NetworkManager off
#  chkconfig network on

Then reboot or stop and start the respective services.

Steve

Steve, Thanks!
that is what I do, but wanted to whine a little about it and see if some big
brain could think of an easy way to create a check box to install or not...
Yes, your suggesttion works, but I don't have anything to complain about then!!
thanks
bob