Re: HOW the "H" do you get the Mic working in FC8

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 11:52 -0500, Jim wrote:
> Da Rock wrote:

> >> 	Good question.  After reading this post I realized that since
> >> installing F8 I hadn't used the mic either.  I used Kmix and set the
> >> level & clicked the green dot to turn it on.  Works fine.
> >>

> > Try setting the mixer to include capture settings - that helped me with
> > my recording issues.
> >

> Yep I did the same thing, but no luck.

What kind of sound card do you have?  I've got one system with an Nvidia
chipset that emulates an Intel HDA sound card.  I jumped through lots of
hoops trying to get it working.  Then, in the process of installing
openmovieeditor, I installed the gmerlin mixer.  Using that got the mic
working.  This is on an F9 64-bit system with pulseaudio running.

Dave