GFS2 on multiple clients

I run a computer network for a school of about 1000 students.  In the
school, we have around 100 workstations (which are running Fedora) that
are off and on throughout the day.

I've been using NFS to share out the data from the server, but I've
worked out how to use iscsi to share out the server's data disk and I'd
love to know:

     A. Whether GFS2 is faster
     B. How to configure cluster.conf so each client has a quorum vote
        of 0
     C. How to add and remove clients on the fly (which seems to be the
        big sticking point)

Note that we do have full DNS running, so name resolution isn't a
problem.  If anyone has any advice, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks,

Jonathan