Re: Whois - unable to connect.

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 12:02 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Simon Slater wrote:
> >
> > ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> > spt:nicname state NEW,ESTABLISHED
> > ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
> > spt:nicname state NEW,ESTABLISHED
> >
> spt=source port
>
> You want the destination port.

Thanks Ed,  Connects fine now!  I got my ins and outs mixed up.  But
I'll need to check the rest of the script now because this morning I
just copied the syntax from another part in the script.  I've been
putting off learning iptables, but after last weeks classroom session
and this today I'd better start this weekend.

Thanks again

--
Hooroo,
Simon