Re: good cordless mouse?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: good cordless mouse?
From: Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: mike@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/19/2008 10:26 AM

Does the middle wheel both scroll and click for you?

It scrolls for me, but I can't middle-click a link in firefox to open in a new tab, or to paste text.

- Mike

Yes, the middle mouse wheel functions. The back and forward buttons work in Firefox as well.

However, I believe Logitech sets the default logic for something else. I cheated and used Windows to configure the mouse to my liking, so that may have something to do with it. It seems the mouse has an EPROM that only the Windows driver can set. Stuff like the motor on the middle wheel can be adjusted through the Windows driver, and it is retained for as long as you have the mouse on (OS independent).