Re: Livestation.com - worldwide internet tv for fedora

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 09:01:17PM -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Dave Feustel wrote:
> > There is a new linux program for watching tv from worldwide sources.
> > The program is available from livestation.com. It is a 77k line open
> > source bourne shell script. Is there any reasonable way to check it
> > out for exploits?
>
> If it were a 77,000 line shell script, there would be nothing
> reasonable about it. :)
>
> It's not actually such a beast.  It is a shell script that extracts
> the binary files and installs them.  And it does not appear to be open
> source, so the answer to your question is: no, there is no reasonable
> way to check this software for exploits.  The license agreement also
> has the standard proprietary boilerplate that states you may not
> reverse engineer, decompile, etc., the software.
>
> I wouldn't bother with it.  But then, I don't bother much with TV in
> the first place. ;)
>
> --
> Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp

Thanks for the info. I got rid of all my vcrs and tvs several years ago
after developing the opinion that "tv is a bad influence". Every so
often I sort of wish I could easily watch newsclips on Youtube, etc.
using F9.  But so far internet talk radio on Republic Broadcasting and
Genesis Live have sufficed for me.