Re: install Fedora 9 on Toshiba Satellite A305-S6825

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 16:21 -0800, sam Ruma wrote:
>> 1.      I’m not going to change my e-mail setup every time I send an
>> e-mail just to make you happy. No one complains about the format but
>> you. Maybe you have a problem with your e-mail. So, if you don’t like
>> my e-mail don’t open it.
>>
>> 2.      About top-posting. Guess what? I don’t attempt to do so. All I
>> do is type the list e-mail (fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx) and the subject.
>>
>> 3.      Since you are fedora guru, why don’t you solve the problem I
>> have posted instead of arguing over minor things?
>>

> 1) If you look at the archives of this list you'll see a lot of
> complaints about HTML and about top-posting, and not just from me.
>
> 2) You're top-posting because you're using Yahoo and that's what it does
> by default. However you don't *have* to top-post, even with Yahoo. Most
> webmail systems do top-posting by default because it's common in the
> business world. However it isn't recommended on this list.
>
> 3) At no time have I ever claimed to be a Fedora guru.
>
> 4) Telling someone in one sentence to not bother reading your mail, and
> in another that they should just answer your question and not complain
> about how you ask it, is to say the least inconsistent. If I did know
> the answer to your question (which I don't claim to) this is hardly the
> best approach to eliciting it.
>
> This thread is now ended as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to continue
> offline if you want to.
>
> poc

You have to love the posters that can not be bothered to read and
follow the list guidelines, complain when asked to follow them, and
then demand that someone solve their problem for them. You would
think we were payed tech support or something.

I missed the original post because it was in HTML, but it isn't one
that is worth my time to look into anyway.

Mikkel
--
I used to be a Fedora guru,
but now I am just a smart a**.